Day four of the experiment deals with balancing comfort and familiarity in a relationship with the unpredictability and sense of mystery which foster sexual attraction. I've been instructed to read this list of "offenses" which may cause a couple's sex life to suffer and identify which ones I'm guilt of. Let's take a look:
- Sleep with kids or pets in the bedroom- No kids, but our dog does sleep with us. I wish she didn't, but it's preferable to listening to her bark and whine from the other room all night.
- Have and use a television, computer, or smart phone in the bedroom- There's a TV in there, but we rarely use it.
- Spend the evenings online- Sometimes, but I never prioritize that above spending time with my partner.
- Spend time texting or playing with phone during date nights- Nope, I consider that to be very rude.
- Leave the door open while in the bathroom- Nope
- Perform personal grooming habits in front of partner- Yes, sometimes I brush my teeth and whatnot in front of him.
- Sometimes skip basic hygiene (such as bathing or brushing your teeth) because you're too tired, lazy, or think your partner doesn't care- No, my hygiene is pretty good.
Basically, the lesson of the day that you might not want to let yourself get too comfortable around your partner. If you're lazing about in a pile of your own fingernail clippings and dandruff while playing facebook games all evening, you may not seem as sexually appealing as you did long ago! So, use your brain. Try to be a little bit conscientious about these things.
Would you like to participate in the K-Y Intimacy Experiment? Just visit the KY Experiment tab on COUPLES PLACE. Also, check out my giveaway for a chance to win a great K-Y kit!
Disclosure: I wrote this post while participating in a blog campaign on behalf of K-Y® Brand and also received product samples to help facilitate my review.