Years ago, I thought it would be fun to try scrapbooking. I envisioned putting together this beautiful book full of great pictures that would preserve my fondest memories for years to come. Well, little did I know that scrapbooking can actually be kind of a pain. It's not that easy to put together a scrapbook that actually looks good- it takes a lot of effort, and it can be expensive, too. For a slacker like me, it was just too much trouble. After fiddling around for a few days, I put away my supplies and forgot about scrapbooking.
When I found out about My Memories Suite Digital Scrapbooking Software, I felt that old creative energy welling up again. However, I was a bit doubtful- would I get frustrated with this as quickly as I did with traditional scrapbooking? The answer was no! I quickly figured out how to use the software, and in no time I had created a cute page showcasing my pets. Take a look:
Not too shabby! I had fun playing around with the software, and I'm looking forward to actually doing something with the countless other digital photos that have been doing nothing but taking up space on my hard drive.
My Memories Suite is easy enough for a beginner to use, but powerful enough to satisfy experienced scrapbookers as well. This top rated software offers powerful design tools, a user-friendly interface, and multiple sharing options. Here are a few of the things that you can do with My Memories:
- Build pages from scratch or use a professionally designed template
- Enhance your scrapbook with music, narration, and video
- Create your own word art with effects like bevel, emboss, warping, and more
- Layer multiple background papers
- Duplicate and mirror your pages easily
- Create photobooks, calendars, and cards
- Turn your scrapbook into a movie to watch on a DVD or view on an iPod
Autumn Rose (free) Harvest Kitchen Paper Pieces ($1.49)
I prefer digital scrapbooking to the traditional method for several reasons. First of all, there's no mess to worry about- when you're done, all you have to do is save your work and hit "x." Also, it's cheaper! Real paper and embellishments can only be used once, then you have to go out and buy more. Digital paper and embellishments can be used as many times as you want, at no additional cost. Another advantage to going digital is that it's more forgiving- mistakes can be undone with a click of a button. Decide that you don't like that background paper so much after all? You can change it in seconds, without moving any of your pictures. I could go on and on about the advantages of using this software, but I think you probably get the point: digital scrapbooking is simply an easier, less expensive, and more modern alternative.
My Memories has offered a special code just for my readers! When you purchase My Memories Suite v2, you can use this coupon code: STMMMS27110 and get a $10 discount off the purchase of the My Memories Suite Scrapbook Software plus a $10 coupon for the MyMemories.com store!
My Memories has generously offered a copy of their software (a $40 value) for me to give away to one of my readers! The software is a digital download, and it will work on the following platforms: Windows 7, Vista, XP, Mac OS X v10.4.11 or later.
This contest is open world wide, but the My Memories software is intended for use with English language computers. Only one person (age 18+) per household may enter. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Odds of winning depends upon the number of eligible entries received .Winner will be chosen via random.org and notified by email. The winner will have 48 hours to respond, and if they fail to do so a new winner will be chosen.
Mandatory Entry: Visit mymemories.com and leave a comment on this post telling me which of their digital scrapbooking kits is your favorite. This entry must be completed in order for you to be eligible to win. Please leave your email address with this comment so I'll be able to contact you if you win.
*Each of these options is worth one bonus entry each unless otherwise noted. Leave a separate comment for each one you complete!*
- Follow me via GFC (widget is on my right sidebar, try refreshing if it isn't showing up)
- Follow me on twitter @giveawaysetc, and leave your twitter name in your comment
- Follow @MyMemoriesSuite on twitter, and leave your twitter name in your comment
- "Like" Slacker's Paradise on facebook, and leave your facebook name in your comment
- Be my friend on facebook, and leave your facebook name in your comment.
- "Like" My Memories on facebook, and leave your facebook name in your comment
- Subscribe to Slacker's Paradise via RSS or email- both options are found near the middle of my right sidebar.
- Enter another one of my current giveaways and tell me which one.
- Tweet about this giveaway and leave the link to your tweet in your comment- you can use the convenient tweet button at the top of this post! You may tweet once per day for an extra entry each day.
Disclosure: I received a free copy of My Memories Digital Scrapbooking Software in exchange for this post, and I will receive a $20 PayPal deposit each time my special promo code is used. However, all opinions expressed in this post are genuine.